Here are some recipes that have been passed down to us. Hope you will enjoy them.
BABY SHOWER RAINBOW CAKE
Girl or boy? Make this pink and blue cake for the next baby shower, or make it to give as a gift.
Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:1 hr 50 min
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix, water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
Red and blue food colors
1-1/2 containers Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease or spray bottoms only of three 8-inch or 9-inch round pans.
2. Make cake batter as directed on box. Pour 1 1/2 cups of the batter into small bowl. Pour another 1 1/2 cups of the batter into one of the pans.
3. Stir 6 to 10 drops red food color into batter in small bowl. Stir 6 to 10 drops blue food color into batter in large bowl. Pour pink batter into another pan; pour blue batter into remaining pan. (If necessary, refrigerate 1 pan of batter until ready to bake.)
4. Bake 17 to 22 minutes (19 to 26 minutes for dark or nonstick pans) or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
5. Brush crumbs off cake. Place blue layer, top side down, on plate. Spread 1/3 cup frosting on blue layer almost to edge. Place white layer, top side down, on frosted layer. Spread 1/3 cup frosting on white layer almost to edge. Place pink layer, top side up, on frosted layer. Frost side and top of cake with frosting. Store loosely covered.
If you have a baby shower recipe you would like to share, please email it to email@example.com
Need wedding favors instead? Click here to go to our sister sight Kat's Gourmet Gift Baskets.